lifeguard tower 26 - Ocean Park, Santa Monica CA
trash collected for 20 minutes
1.5 pounds collected
958.1 pounds total
What I saw at/on the beach tonight:
1. Valentine's Day balloons, like I did in Feb. on Day 99
2. cigarette butts
3. plastic straws
4. Wasabi Seaweed snack packaging from Trader Joes
5. clear plastic packaging
1. A father and two kids playing in the surf
2. Grey Whales spouting closer to shore than I'd ever seen!
3. A Sea Lion keeping an eye on the man fishing from shore, scarfing up loose bait
4. People stopping to tell fellow beach walkers that there were whales!
5. A father teaching his 13 year old son how to surf at sunset
Here's an incredible collection of photographs from National Geographic photographers whose efforts are in conservation. Photography for conservation....sounds like a good idea that is well used. These shots will stun you with their beauty.
Federal funding is being cut to monitor beach water quality. Concerned? We should be.