Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 225 - Oct. 18, 2011


life guard tower 26 - Ocean Park, Santa Monica CA
trash collected for 20 minutes
3 pounds collected
849.8 pounds total 


This could be the last great photo that I take with my faithful camera. I took a shot during sunset and well, the image was riddled with lines and the lighting bleached out. Sad. Sad. Sad. I have had my 7 mega-pixel Casio for too many years to remember! Canon Elf coming up. Think I may stop at Best Buy on my way to the beach tonight. 


Am I missing something? Bulldogs? It's not lost on me that this is some kind of paraphernalia pouch...but for what? Not like it matters. Plastic is plastic is plastic. 
The LA City Bag Ban is heating up! Here's the latest. 


In uncharacteristic style, I answered an editorial from a local resident in our paper. They hadn't seen a plastic bag in the front page photo of the First Flush and they had something to say about it. 

First Flush is the nasty "flush" of everything that has been steaming the summer away in the LA storm drain system. During the first substantial rain of the season, the storm drain contents are released into the ocean. 

I went out and collected trash during First Flush and got nearly 11 pounds in 5 min. Here's what I had to say back to the individual who accused the Santa Monica City Council of "drinking the kool-aid" when they banned the bag...

1 comment:

  1. I must say I am disappointed in how they are handling the ban on plastic bags.. I thought that ALL cities in Cali., would follow suit... apparently they are baby stepping this... iTS stupid... Treating adults and businesses w/kid gloves.. wth is so hard in bringing your own bags, keeping control of your own trash and not throwing it by the wayside??? how difficult is it? Its bad enough recycling centers let the recycling pile up... After seeing that on tv, i have lost all confidence in recycling.

    ReplyDelete