Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 298 - June 23, 2012


lifeguard tower 26 - Ocean Park, Santa Monica CA
trash collected for 20 min.
2.2 pounds
1,122.9 pounds total 

2 cigarette butts




As Mark, Kit and I walked from the surf to the showers this morning Mark kicked up a bottle cap and said, "If I had a nickel for every plastic bottle cap I've picked up, I'd probably have a hundred dollars." I bet he'd have more. I wonder how much I'd have scraped together from 298 beach cleanups?



Mylar balloon as abstract shell form. 

People comment that my trash pictures are beautiful. I remember one email in particular from my friend Judy. "Boy, you sure make that trash look good." Uh-oh, I thought. But even a photo like this makes the point that this synthetic balloon is out of place...
in a creative boy-that-balloon-looks-cool kind of a way...




7:45. Summer. Wonderful.




No comments:

Post a Comment